Friday 17 May 2013

My favourite IPhone apps – part 2

Following on from my last blog post, here are some of my other favourite IPhone apps:-

Hullo Mail.  The missed called and voice message interface from my mobile carrier 3 isn’t great.  After trying the free version of Hullo Mail, it shows me who has left me a message or I have received a missed call from.

Pocket – Any interesting web sites or pictures/articles I would like to read later I email to my Pocket account.  I can then read these (even off line if updated) on my IPad or IPhone.  Invaluable.

Endomondo – tracks my outside exercise.  Fairly accurate and transfers the data straight into My Fitness Pal which I use daily to track calorie intake and exercise. 

Flipbox – A custom magazine of some of my favourite blogs with pictures. 

Cozi for my FlyLady routines.  I use the free version (can you spot a theme here?) which reminds me of cleaning zones for this week.  If you dislike housework as much as I do, may I recommend you investigate Fly Lady.   

Feedly – As Google Reader is no longer going to be operational later this year, Feedly painlessly transferred all my blog subscriptions from Google Reader to themselves.  Again links to my pc, IPhone and IPad.

Trello – I’ve just started using this for my project management.  I’m enjoying the visual boards approach.

You Tube – I must admit I use this as a knowledge tool.  It is much easier to learn something if you can see what you need to do rather than just reading. 

Would I swap to anything else? Not currently.  My eldest son has an Android phone and whilst it’s ok – the operating system is not as sleek, intuitive and professional as an apple product.  Don’t even get me started on BlackBerry’s!  I have a fairly modern BlackBerry for work and it’s heavy to carry, slow to use and not intuitive.  I cannot currently compare to the latest version of a Windows phone.  However, if someone would like to send me one to test and compare I wouldn’t complain ;)

As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment